Monday, October 19, 2009

LOL 2



Trying to push the form of an actual pole vaulter. I think it'll be useful if I do some actual keyframes like this of how Apollo's movements should exaggerate, to give that "umph" and "convincing" show of power needed to make it to the moon. If you guys think its a good idea, let me know.

One of the big risks of this story is that it hinges on a climax. And a climax will absolutely fail if it is not animated in a very damn convincing way. I think a sharp, impact style paired with good anticipation suits the film alot more than a warner bros bouncy approach, but thats a bit of a bias on my part. There are a lot of interesting things about the actual pole vault sport that lend themselves to exaggeration. As one example: Check the link,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQO61KXeBosand
go to the 58 second mark. You'll notice the pole doesn't simply rise up, you have two large movements (other then the actual bend), where it juts forward, then juts left. Pushing things like this are what will make or break the animation, and in turn, the climax.

If what I'm trying to say doesn't make sense, I'll try to do better in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment